Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports graduate students.
- Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
Supporting Category. This scholarship only supports graduate students.
Duration. This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable. (Program Search can help you find the program and university you’re interested in by visiting http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org).
2. Scholarship Coverage
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships.
2.1 Full Scholarship covers
- Tuition waiver: Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
- If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy: undergraduate students (preppies), master’s students (general scholars): CNY 700 per month; doctoral students (senior scholars): CNY 1000 per month.
- Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
- Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15thof the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15thof the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
Comprehensive medical insurance. (Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for insurance policy.)
3. Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply
Apply to the designated Chinese universities undertaking this program.
When to Apply
You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the Chinese universities for the specific deadline of each year.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate and no more than 25when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder and no more than 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.